Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disappearing items, reappearing items, missing village areas, and game corruption.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cupcake i just wanted to follow up and say thank you! I tried restoring once more following your instructions and my village is back to normal. You are always so helpful and answer all my questions and issues so thank you so much ????

Comment

Why did my crop-harvester disappear when I reached level 90? Not cool. Very dishonest. And it is not even available in the Village Shop

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        This may be indicative of a much bigger problem as missing items are a sign of corruption.

First carefully look around your village to make sure that you didn’t accidentally pick it up and drop it elsewhere. If it really is gone, please read through this topic and follow the steps necessary to restore to before your village became corrupted.

I am not sure if I should post my problem here but it seems similar enough. I reinstalled a game after a few years of inactivity and I loaded my backup and I thought everything was normal. Back then my village got corrupted and I had to start again.

After that I actually didnt play much, and now when I started playing again I notticed that all my areas except my Main Village got reset. I have smurfs and swoofs that I used to have (so for example on my mountain I have 6 smurfs and 0 houses). So I dont know if my game is corrupted because of that I dont wannt to have corruption problems later.

I notticed game allows me to place more digs up in the mountain than I have smurfs, amd same with diving on the island.

The problem is that as I just reinstalled the game, I cant go to my save where my village was not corrupted. Should I contact customer support?
      Last edited by Cupcake; 09-12-2021, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, that is the thing to do. It might be best if you just went back to level one and played through those first levels. [I did that awhile ago on a second device and it was a LOT of fun!]

• Pandemonium
        Pandemonium commented
        Editing a comment
        I was thinking about starting from level one, but last time my save got corrupted Bongfish boosted my village in levels and they gave me some smurfberries for my troubles. So if I start a new village Ill lose those smurfberrios, or I can keep smurfberries but than my village will be corrupted, which is a bad idea as the corruption can get worse over time. Hopefully Popreach can help me somehow. I wouldnt mind starting from level one, but Id also really like to keep smurfberries that were given to me :/
        Last edited by Cupcake; 09-12-2021, 09:22 AM.

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Let’s take this to a private (PM) conversation, Pandemonium.

Hello, I am new to the forum and this is my first post.
      The day after installing the update, I moved the puppy inside the Christmas gift and it disappeared. I tried to make a recovery to a day where it seemed that everything was normal in my village but again, the puppy disappeared when I tried to move it. Does that mean my game is corrupted and I have to do a recovery at a later date? Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to the forum, and I’m sorry you are having this problem. Yes, this seems very much like it could be corruption. Please try the following thing, though, before recovering much further back:

- Turn off you device completely. If you are on IOS, hold the Home and Sleep buttons down simultaneously until you see the Apple.
        - Return to your village and recover to the last time you see Puppy. Don’t move him yet.
        - Take a cheap coin item and drop it on the Christmas box and see if it disappears. If it does, the Christmas box could be the problem.
        - Then see if you can move him without him disappearing but do NOT put him in/on the Christmas box; just move him to a blank spot. If he us still there, try moving him onto a field or other item, but not the Christmas box!
        - If he doesn’t disappear, you may be fine, but keep your eye out for any other issues.
        - If he still disappears, I think you will have to recover back further, as that is not normal behavior.

Please let me know what happens!

• Mau_22
        Mau_22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Cupcake for your reply. I’m going to do that and I’ll let you know what happens. ????????

• Mau_22
        Mau_22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello @Cupcake,
        I did what you told me and the item doesn’t disappear but the problem seems to be the pile of gifts in the picture. The Husky in a box and the pile of gifts appear to be a single object. When I try to grab the Husky I can’t. I can only grab and move the pile of gifts and that’s when the Husky disappears.
        I don’t even remember putting the pile of gifts there but when I go back, the Husky appears in my village with the pile of gifts. It’s so weird ????

Click image for larger version

Name:	D9ECC425-6563-4020-87BA-91C92B4FA06A.jpeg
Views:	203
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	280152 This is the picture with the Husky and the pile of gifts

Comment

• AlleycatttSmurf
        AlleycatttSmurf commented
        Editing a comment
        This happened because the developer accidentally confused codes for the giftbox tree and the gift box tree when they returned the gift box tree to the menu. I lost some fence pieces due to this. There is no way to fix it. But if you send a ticket to PopReach’s customer service with this photo they should replace the husky for you.
        Last edited by AlleycatttSmurf; 12-31-2021, 01:57 PM.

• AlleycatttSmurf
        AlleycatttSmurf commented
        Editing a comment
        You had the tree on the left placed, and unfortunately it was replaced with the item on the right in the latest update which has a larger footprint in the game.

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        The first question: Does/did it happen with any other objects other than this particular one; you had first mentioned the Christmas gift, and that you moved Puppy inside it, and Puppy disappeared. Nothing can be placed ‘inside’ the box, so this should not be possible.

The second question: When did you place the tree objects- before or after the update?

AlleycatttSmurf is correct if indeed you had the trees placed prior to the update. If you had these trees placed before the main update, the footprint of these trees got larger and caused an overlap. However, if they are new placements, you probably have a corruption problem.

Playing on an IOS device and logged in today to find out that my Island, Mountains, Swoof Planet and Grove’s data have been partially reset. All structures were removed, including huts,farms and stairs/bridges etc, but the same amount of Smurfs and critters remained. Any way I can contact staff for data restoration?

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, Merriltm, and welcome to the forum! I’m sorry you are experiencing these problems, and unfortunately, it appears that your village has become corrupted. This has happened to many of us at one time or another, and you can read all about it here.

The good news is that you can fix this yourself by recovering a previous, uncorrupted village from the local saves on your iPad. Please read the first post on this topic to learn how to do that.

BTW, in the future, you can use the Search function in the upper left corner of the forum so you can post things pertaining to that issue or find answers to your questions more quickly in an existing topic, as there are hundreds and hundreds of them! It oftens helps to change the search to “Relevance” rather than “Last Update”.

I hope you get your village back soon!

I cand collect newspaper smurf anymore and they keep taking away my bubble pop game and jokes Christmas stocking game and my extra camper away

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you mean these things have disappeared from your village, Shelly?

Yes. And I can not collect from the reporter smurf

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        I am sorry that you are having this problem. I moved your question here because it seems that your village has become corrupted. Having things go missing is one of the symptoms of corruption, and corruption is serious.

Please read the first post about how to recover an uncorrupted village. I suggest that you do this immediately, as the longer you wait, the more progress you will lose. [If you do not do a recovery, you risk your village becoming completely unplayable at a future time.]

Once you recover an uncorrupted village, Reporter should start working again.

As a note, if you want to answer someone (like me, here) you just tap “Comment” on the original post and add the @ symbol in front of the person’s forum name- that way a conversation stays all together!

Hi everyone and happy Easter!
      i have lost some parts of my village recently and started to restore the wonders.
      here I noticed that some of them are no longer in the menu: like smurfy reef and demon springs on the island or chief swoofs hut on the planet. There are some missing in other areas too. Does anyone know why? Or maybe if they will be back?
      thanks for the answers
      Alinka

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        I have contacted, PopReach, Alinka. Please let me know if they contact you, and if so, what the result is.

• Alinka
        Alinka commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Cupcake, I will

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Was you problem solved, Alinka?

I've just logged back into my game after a few hours offline and my entire village is gone. It's reset to the tutorial village and all of my daily saves and cloud saves show up as corrupted. I've opened a help request with pop reach but i just wanted to see if anyone else has ever had this issue and if their village was recovered? I've spent actual money on my village and if i've lost everything i might just lose my mind. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, i just wanted to see if anyone had any similar experiences.

Comment

• Kemp4819
        Kemp4819 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cupcake of course, if its the id of the request then its #1571184 and it's been assigned to Aaron according to the right hand panel on the request. Thankyou cupcake. i really appreciate you trying to help me. I have messaged them back since the initial message but still haven't got a response so i guess i'll just have to wait and see.

• Kemp4819
        Kemp4819 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cupcake, i don't know if you'll remember, but my village crashed just over a month ago, for a while popreach were really supportive but now it seems like they don't care as i've not heard from them in a week. Is there any way you can chase this up for me? Aaron was helping me and i sent you all the details of the account via private messenger before. If there's nothing you can do i get it but if you are able to mention it to them i would be really grateful.

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Apologies- I thought I had replied to you here: The same day you wrote your comment, I raised it to them again. ????????????

I’m on level 80 and something weird has been happening! I place wonders in the storage bag and with 2 of them, they completed by THEMSELVES! When I placed them in the storage, they were at stage 1. When I took the out the wonders I saw them fully completed. Thinks is so inconvenient because I have to change my design to match and it consumes so many smurfberries! One just totally ruined my design but, I want one extra smurfberry per week. Is anybody having this issue or knows how to fix it? I mean it’s kind of a good thing but it’s also kinda annoying.

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        First, are you absolutely sure you did not build them before you stored them? If so, I strongly suspect that your village has become corrupted as this is very abnormal. If your village IS corrupted, you risk eventually losing it if you don’t recover an uncorrupted village. I would try to do a recovery as described in the first post. If you put the wonders into storage recently, recover back to just before you put them into storage, then try putting them into storage and taking them out again. If they are OK, you have probably gone back far enough.

If you put them in a while ago, you may have to go back several times to find a a point where, when you take them out, they are not completed. You can do three recoveries a day.

Do you notice any other problems at all with you village? Anything missing or overlapping?

• Ki.74
        Ki.74 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am absolutely sure and plus after this there was another thing that got corrupted, I’ll put it in another post.

So i once got Builder Smurf so I can change the type of design of the bridges i had. And then a few days later they disappeared and the changed bridges have returned to their original form. I haven’t got Builder Smurf since and i was so disappointed. Plus my local saves don’t work and I can’t select or look at that version. Thankfully, nothing else has happened.

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, it seems that your village is corrupted. Why can you not view and/or recover a local save? Do you get an error message?

Also, no need to make new posts for every problem. Let’s keep the conversation all together under this one.

• Ki.74
        Ki.74 commented
        Editing a comment
        I get an error message

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        What does the error message say? Have you completely rebooted your device?

It said:
      I’ve turned it on and off once.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	3F78D93E-7EA3-4108-AB58-EBDD4ACC3A6F.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	286713

Comment

• Ki.74
        Ki.74 commented
        Editing a comment
        Now I have been rearranging stuff and today my village IS showing that it is corrupted. Whenever my engineer smurf train crosses a bridge over a river, the game kicks me out. I even restarted my iPad, nothing got better. Is there a fix?

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Unfortunately, there is no fix for corruption other than recovering an uncorrupted game, either from your device or from the cloud. If there have been any cloud saves since your village became corrupted, that cloud village will be corrupted, too.

• Ki.74
        Ki.74 commented
        Editing a comment
        I can’t recover and for personal reasons I’m not allowed to fill out a ticket. But GOOD news! now the corruption has stopped and nothing’s going on. So i think that was just a glitch that happened and now everything is fine.

So I really, really loved this game at first. It was a great stress reliever and I spent literal days playing the caravan videos for rewards. I just left it in while I cleaned and kept tapping the prompts, so I wanted quite a lot of rewards. I also spent real money for some mansions and items, which was a first for me and mobile games. I just loved the game so much it was worth breaking my rule! Or so I thought… The first time an issue ever arouse I contacted support with my concerns about corruption and was brushed off, they simply gave me back the item that went missing. This was fine until it kept happening, things kept going back in time and going missing. This is clearly corruption so I reached out again and got really poor copy and paste responses. It’s genuinely like talking to a wall I even provided a screenshot of my village notifying me it is corrupted and stopped playing, that was over a month ago!! I barely ever get a response and when I do, it’s not helpful. Can someone who’s actually had this resolved please assist me? Can someone please tell me how to get a full refund of all purchases since I can’t even use them or access them ?? I don’t want to have to go to my bank but I’m being ignored right now by support

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, Opalescence! I moved your comment here because this is a whole topic about corruption and how to recover your village. I’m so sorry you have had such a hard time; many of us have had corrupted villages at least once and know how discouraging it can be.

You are already aware that before you even attempt to get your items back, that corruption must be fixed.

So, you need to attempt to recover a local save, and hopefully you can go back in time far enough to do that. IMPORTANT: The steps are described in the very first post on this topic. Look for a local save date from before your items started to go missing.

Please go through those steps and let me know here if you were able to recover your village by tapping “Comment” on your own post here, and writing “@“ before my forum name which is Cupcake.

If you DO recover your village, you can get all your receipts for purchased items together and request that PopReach send them to you.

Please let me know what happens or if you need more help.

I bought the fireman Smurf hut a long time ago, but a few days ago I happened to find that I could buy it again. I didn't care. Then today, it disappeared directly, and the video hut also disappeared once yesterday. I bought it again. And I want to tell you that the credit content in video hut is really tormenting users. Why do you have the opportunity to jump to the Google store only when you accept the task? If you don't stay on the page of the Google store, but choose to clean up the memory before downloading, the application you downloaded will not be recorded, and I can't find any way to restart the task. This is really annoying, and some regions that have to use VPN will face a lot of troubles. This is the most disappointing thing I have encountered in the game. I hope you can make the user experience better and find out why my hut disappeared.

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi tomoki. I moved your comment here because when items disappear like that, it means that your village has become corrupted. As you can see, this has happened to many players.

You must follow the steps in the very first post on this topic to recover your village at a point in time before the corruption or you risk losing your whole village. You may lose some progress, but it is better than eventually losing your village and having it become unplayable.

If you want to make a comment about the video hut, please do so here: https://forum.smurfsvillage.popreach...rf’s-caravan

In the future, please use the Search function in the upper part of the forum so you can find answers to your questions in an existing topic rather than starting a new one. It often helps to change the search to “Relevance” rather than “Last Update” after the initial search. That is how I found the relevant topic on videos. [If you are using a pad and hold your device horizontally, the search box should be on the upper left, or, if you don’t see it there, tap on the blank blue bar on the extreme left and it should come up.]

[I removed your Support ID as that is information that should not be shared publicly.]
        Last edited by Cupcake; 08-15-2022, 07:40 AM.
    Working...
    X