Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[iOS+Android] Ongoing problems with Tracker Smurf disappearing prematurely and inability to complete tasks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Cupcake. Yes I've seen the comments before but my search didn't bring up the thread. Thanks for that ... I will post there.

Comment

Just wanted to report that Tracker left early this week. I had planed 2 crops of blackberries for him on checklist 1.6, then I went to other areas and tried to gift Martin again (haven't been able to get there) but it crashed again. When I went back into my main village it said Tracker's event was over.

Comment

• chickadee2013
        chickadee2013 commented
        Editing a comment
        Update: Tracker came back. So far, so good.

My tracker is having problems this week, been stuck with my first task (make smurfette blow kisses 4 times). Been tapping on smurfette like crazy and still it didn't recognize it. Didn't have tracker problems before the pirate update.

Comment

Liking the new, less imposing Tracker tab on the screen…another good thing about this update!

Comment

Tracker left after 2 hours...there was even the XP at his cauldron. I don't know if he will come back. Must be because I was able to do so well last week

Comment

After resetting my phone, my stuck "tap on smurfette" quest got changed somehow to another quest thus I can now move on with my tracker progress

Comment

Tracker returned, only to want me to play Papa Smurf (the quest from the original list). I waited the time, played the game, and nothing registered! I looked at the quest list and the item had changed to "take a picture of your village". I couldn't believe it. Note to self (and others): always recheck the required task. Ugh, 5 hours wasted, and of course Papa Smurf's game showed up on a list. Luckily it was the 1.5 list. Tracker must have felt bad because the first three lists were really easy.

Comment

I don't know if anybody else reported or noted this:

If you play Clumsy's repair game during the game normally everything is blocked to tap. You can only tap Clumsy to help him up after he fell down.

During the Tracker event it was possible at my device (iPhone 4 with iOS 7) to tap Tracker during Clumsy's repair game.
                Then the Tracker message popped up (I was at max bonus 2.0) and you are not able to close this message or to tap Clumsy again.

You have to wait until the repair game is finished and then you can close the Tracker message.

Edit:

I tested it again: There is no problem if you tap tracker smurf during Clumsy's game.

If you tap in the screen in the middle at the top of the screen (at the position where normally the new tracker tab is) then the message pops up.
                Last edited by chef838; 03-04-2014, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• tzr1877
                  tzr1877 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Chef838 .... I was curious and tried to replicate this issue on my iPad 2 iOS 7.0.6 and indeed the message pops up and freezes the screen until clumsy returns to his hut. And as you stated, tapping any other hut or mini game does not cause their message to appear. Clearly a new glitch with the latest update.

Tracker asked me to use Farmers harvest all feature twice on Monday for the first list. I still had the same task Wednesday when tracker left. I don't know how many times I used harvest all but it was definitely more than 2 on Monday alone.

Comment

• chickadee2013
                  chickadee2013 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That happened to me too! But rather than wait for the crops to finish I thought I'd try to "harvest all" anyway, even though they weren't ready and it worked!!! .

I don't plant anything at the moment, and "harvest all" works for me, too.

Comment

I play on kindle fire, and my husband on iPad 4. For us Tracker worked okay this week. I got over a million points for the first time, and my husband got over 600,000. On my kindle sometimes Tracker changes his task when I shut down - like asks for 45 carrots and if I shut my kindle off and go back when they are done, he doesn't count them and he is asking for 37 black currents. But sometimes it works in my favor when he asks me to bake something and the next task is also for Greedy. I can shut down and go back and he is asking for something easy like tap on clumsy. On my husband's iPad he never changes the task even if we want him to. This is the first time we have both been able to get through Tracker's game so easily. I feel really lucky this week.

Comment

How hard can it be to fix Tracker? He left again this week after two hours and then returned wanting me to play the same mini game. It was even more frustrating this time because I had already reached 1.3 and was about to harvest 102 chocolate covered strawberries. I like the idea of tracker because it is nice to have tasks/quests other than send Smurfs away forever; just wish he would be consistent. BTW, I use a mini iPad with the latest software.

Comment

• Cupcake
                      Cupcake commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Marge, I find that it often happens that, after Tracker first comes, once you leave the village he starts all over again. What I do now is complete the first task on the first list, completely exit the game, and go back in. If he starts over, I haven't lost too much progress! Usually he is then OK for the rest if the time....

• Marge
                      Marge commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Cupcake, I will try that next week. I was going to try this anyway and was wondering if I should do the first task. With my luck the first tasks will be repeat mini games.

Originally posted by Spelling Bee View Post
                    UPDATE: Hi everyone. I've heard from the studio; they want me to let everyone know that:
                    • They are also looking into the tasks that cannot be completed on Tracker's checklist.
                    Last update on this subject is from november 4th. I would really like to know if this is supposed to be the way tracker behaves? Seriously....take a look!!

Comment

• Marge
                      Marge commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Plus Tapasz, doesn't Tracker realize you are busy with the western expansion and you don't have time to do Greedy's baking for him
                      Last edited by Marge; 03-10-2014, 04:24 PM. Reason: Correcting spelling of Tapasz name

• Teddybear 04
                      Teddybear 04 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This week it is potion mixing for me....a game with a looong waiting time in between...

• Tapasz
                      Tapasz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Marge....guess we will be taking tracker along on our trip, found him a perfect boat (see that thread)

Has anyone else notice that the special smurf you need (tap on jokey, make clumsy fall down, smurfette...) always seems to be impossible to find? Not a huge problem because I always find them, just annoying because it takes longer than it should.

Comment

• Teddybear 04
                      Teddybear 04 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      YES, I find ALL others first...thought it was only me...

I have the Add a smurf to the village task again!

Comment

• Marge
                      Marge commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ok, that is just NOT right. I realize they want us to use smurfberries but come on. You should still be able to complete the task even if it takes longer. It is the rare player that hasn't already upgraded all the huts for $500.

• Teddybear 04
                      Teddybear 04 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Actually I could build a house, but I decided that I do not want more houses in my village. And as I cannot delete houses I still feel that it is not right to have such tasks!
                  Working...
                  X