Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[iOS+Android] Ongoing problems with Tracker Smurf disappearing prematurely and inability to complete tasks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sushi, I had the same request, two stone walls, Trackers face is MIA and nothing from the menu seems to please this Smurf ???? I ignored it, left the village and when I came back he was gone prematurely again. It still doesn't work as it should and btw, I just realised that this topic was started in April of 2013. TWO years and it's still a problem. It must realy be some complicated programming for Tracker, that's all I'm saying.

Comment

• SushiSmurf
      SushiSmurf commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL! Yes it's a shame about Tracker. I started playing this game in 2011 then took a break for almost 2 years - at that time, do you remember Beeline putting Tracker on this long hiatus when he was super buggy? At least that's what I recall and everyone asked if Tracker was still going to be part of the game. But now that I'm back again and playing daily, and it's too bad it's still buggy. Oh well... it's XP feast or famine with Tracker my dear old "frenemy" ;-)

• K Nera
      K Nera commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry for late reply SushiSmurf, I was abroad for work. I'm trying to forget many bugs that SV has, especially Tracker. I play from the beginning and yes, I hoped, as all of us, when they send Tracker 'on holiday' he'll come back working properly. Ah, wishful thinking ???? All and all it's a great game, but I do wish studio would finally fix those bugs that's been around for years!

• Looks like tracker is not working, I just asumed he was being he didn't do his usual appear sunday morning trick and dissappear. Now when you tap the cauldren just says the between monday and wednesday message. I wonder if this issue is linked to cloud save as some are reporting this is fixed and now tracker is completel. broken
    Last edited by debbles smurf; 05-03-2015, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• For the first time in months Tracker is NOT working for me!...this morning when I click on Tracker's floating !, the Scavenger Hut screen comes up, but it is empty...Screen Reads: Objectives Complete: 0/0 and has no list...does display: "Next Bonus +XP x 1.2 and Use 1SB to Skip List"...I tried skipping, took my SB but didn't advance to the next list...NOTE: Tracker's XP Icon is not displaying on the Village screen either...also the Countdown Timer Reads: TIME LEFT: 795635:10:05 & counts down...clicking on the Cauldron displays: Sorry Tracker is away, check back Monday to Wednesday (it IS Monday, 7.30am, & Tracker is usually in my village)...sorry no screen shots available...

...I'm on Android 5.0.2 Samsung Tab S (also have Android 4.3 Samsung Galaxy S3 with NO Tracker in the village at all this morning) does anyone else have this new Tracker problem since updating to 1.5.7a?

Comment

• Juliesmurf
        Juliesmurf commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Kimette, I also play on android and have exactly the same issue that you have described.

• Tracker finally turned up

Comment

• Well tracker dissappeared again

Comment

• Question for those of you on ios. Is tracker working for you, for some reason not on android and wondered if you're having the same issue. Reason I ask is if no one is on ios I wonder if it is linked to the cloud save being fixed

Comment

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Debbles, I'll pass along to the Studio that he may be acting up on the Android version.

• Tracker is working fine on my husband's iPad but he has not shown up on my kindle.

Comment

• I really need to figure out how to take a screen shot and post it - Tracker just showed up in my village. His kettle still says he is away, but he is walking around with the exclamation point over his head. When I tap him, it brings up the Scavenger Hunt screen. The timer reads Time Left: 795613:27:37. At the top it reads Objectives Complete: 0/0. The part where the list should be is blank, and at the bottom it reads next Bonus: +XP x 1.2 and Use 1 SB to skip list. But there is no list. It is very odd. I am almost tempted to use the SB to skip the list to see if it goes back to normal on the second list. Notice I said 'almost' tempted. Oh, well, no Tracker for me this week.

Comment

• Tenny
              Tenny commented
              Editing a comment
              today on Android

• Evabevasmurf
              Evabevasmurf commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, Tenny, for posting the picture! Mine is in English, but it is the same thing. Tracker is in my village, with his ! over his head, but I have no quests. Usually Tracker works fairly well for me. The double baking quests are annoying, but at least I can do them. This week I can't even start his quests.

• Tenny
              Tenny commented
              Editing a comment
              I wasn't able to create my own post, I was only able to leave a comment. And I thought you wouldn't mind :-)

• Update on Tracker:
            ...after watching an advert in the Movie Theatre, Tracker's Request popped up on my screen...the Countdown Timer said I had 42hrs left...I thought YAY they fixed it and completed the first list...I finished 2 tasks on the next list and then existed out of the game...now, the game Force Closes 6,7,8 or 9 times in a row before I can get back in!...once I'm able to get back in, clicking on the Cauldron still displays: Sorry Tracker is away, check back Monday to Wednesday...but clicking on Tracker's floating ! opens the Scavenger Hut screen with the list I have yet to complete (2/3)...it looks normal, but the Countdown Timer is at 795612:43:50 & counting...

...there are 2 things I have done different one of which (or a combo of both?) is causing this Tracker issue...first was that I updated to 1.5.7a and second was that I used the Cloud Save function, as it was reported as being fixed...obviously something has caused this problem which appears to be affecting both ios & Android...although it seems that not everyone is affected...in fact, it seems those who previously had Tracker issues, now don't and those that didn't, now do!

Please Beeline, focus on fixing Tracker!...it has been such a long time since he has worked correctly for everyone!

...and PLEASE fix the Cloud Save function (it is scary knowing that I have invested thousands of dollars into my Smurfs and if something happened to my device, I would loose everything!)

Comment

• Spelling Bee
              Spelling Bee commented
              Editing a comment
              Spelling Bee wrote: Hi Kimette. I'm just trying to clarify a couple of things. I can confirm that several improvements were made to the Cloud Save function in the most recent Android update. It should be working for everyone. Are you saying the Google Cloud Backup Save is not working for you? The recent development of Tracker experiencing more problems than normal may or may not have anything to do with the recent changes to the Cloud Save feature. After all, Tracker is still technically broken and has been for quite some time. Him acting up even more than normal on the Android version though could be a result of something else that was changed in the background regarding him. Either way, the Studio will be made aware of the new issues with him on the Android version.

• kimette
              kimette commented
              Editing a comment
              hi spelling bee...I can confirm that the Cloud Save seems to be working, I have set the daily function and there are backups visible, although I have not tried to restore my game from a Cloud backup...so I guess the Tracker issue I am experiencing since Monday is not related...I will add that now my game will not load past the blue screen!...I have been trying for more than an hour with no luck...the message reads: Unfortunately, Smurfs' Village has stopped...this has never happened to me before now!...as mentioned above, the force closing only started after I had viewed an advert and then completed 1 of Trackers' lists...this is very distressing!...I have tried rebooting my devise, but it has not helped...any further advise you have would be greatly appreciated...cheers

• debbles smurf
              debbles smurf commented
              Editing a comment
              Kinette I had this issue on my s5 ages ago and tried Spelling Bees Suggestion and it worked and someone in another topic has just done the suggestion. Uninstall the game, go into settings of device and go into application manager and reset cache and data of the following apps, google play store, google services and download manager then redownload the game, go into cloud save and reload savef game and you should be able to access the game. The other way is the hidden recovery via options tap on papa smurf 16 times and recover village and select the latest date and review if all looks well select yes when it asks do you want to recover this village. Hope you get access to your village
              Last edited by debbles smurf; 05-05-2015, 06:44 AM.

• Today Tracker asked me to place 2 small gardens. It was 1 of 3 to progress to 1.4xp I play on iOS iPhone 5c and fully updated on game and phone. I normally have no problems with tracker, except asking for baking in Greedys game twice in one list.

Comment

• Spelling Bee wrote: Hi Kimette. I'm just trying to clarify a couple of things. I can confirm that several improvements were made to the Cloud Save function in the most recent Android update. It should be working for everyone. Are you saying the Google Cloud Backup Save is not working for you? The recent development of Tracker experiencing more problems than normal may or may not have anything to do with the recent changes to the Cloud Save feature. After all, Tracker is still technically broken and has been for quite some time. Him acting up even more than normal on the Android version though could be a result of something else that was changed in the background regarding him. Either way, the Studio will be made aware of the new issues with him on the Android version.
              On iOS tracker has it's usual issues like 3 Greedy tasks back to back. Nothing changed in his usual crappy behaviour. So I dó think the new problems are strictly Android. There certainly have been changes made in the background because crashing and inaccessible villages are worse than before. Game seems to be slightly slower as well.

Comment

• Hi Spelling Bee Maybe tracker can't be fixed, maybe he is too broken to be fixed so maybe a new reinvented tracker. Maybe turn it into a competition and get members to come up with a reinvented tracker and the development team judge the entries and the best one they like could be implemented as a new smurf but not new smurf in a future update.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
                  Spelling Bee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tracker has been changed once before, there is always a chance that they will change how he works again.

• I just purchased the EO for the water bouncer, and as soon as I placed it, Tracker popped up and told me I had completed the first item on the list! It is 8:40 pm, my time, and Tracker will go away at midnight! I am just glad he didn't pop up in the middle of my purchase!

Comment

• Yet another week of no tracker it seems the last update completely broke tracker

Comment

• Spelling Bee
                    Spelling Bee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, looks he's back to being really messed up.

• Last week Tracker smurf was not working, if I tapped on him there were no tasks and the time remaining was a huge number, I assumed this was a big with the new update. Today there is no Tracker at all even though I received a notification that he was back. Is anyone else having this issue and is there a fix coming?

Comment

• Spelling Bee
                    Spelling Bee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Jennifer. Yes, he is having more issues than normal with this most recent update. Considering Tracker's longstanding history, we are just going to have to wait and hope that they sort out whatever is causing these new problems.
                Working...
                X