Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Forum is Getting an Upgrade!

Hi Everyone!

The Forum will be getting a sleek new look! Starting next week, you may notice the forum looking a little bit different...

We will be updating to the latest version of vBulletin to ensure the forum is up to date and working correctly. The main thing you will notice is the brand new look, but all links, images, and functionality will remain the same.

Once the update happens, if you do come across something not working as intended, please let me know so I can get the team to look into it and fix it!

Thanks, everyone! Have a great weekend!

Cora

EDIT: Thank you Cupcake for moving this in the correct section of the forum!!
    Last edited by CoraPR; 06-13-2022, 01:10 PM.

Thank you CoraPR But will the new update forum restore our PFP?? It's kinda confusing to see the default male Pfp everytime. And thank you for the heads up!
    Racoon (Taylor Swift fan of Smurf Village) Mahal ko kayo sana all minamahal!

Comment

• CoraPR
      CoraPR commented
      Editing a comment
      It should! The tech team is aware of the PFP issue as well, so they'll look out for it once the update happens

• Racoon
      Racoon commented
      Editing a comment
      CoraPR Smurfy! ????

Thank you, CoraPR!

Comment

Sounds good! Thank you for the update CoraPR

Comment

Cupcake I am just now realising something I should have taken on board some time ago. I may be the only one who was set in my ways, and could not see this work-around, but it has been very frustrating to try and navigate the Forum.

Since 2015 I had always accessed all areas of the Forum by pressing the big black button top left ‘FORUMS’ but that button has been obsolete for some time during PopReach’s tenure: when it stopped working, it only took me to ‘Smurf Village News’.

Pressing that big, obvious, black button had always led me to the menu of all the sub-forums (News about SV/Ask questions/Report problems/Share ideas/Chat about/Friends and gifting/Help with customer support). These areas now became impossible for me to access unless they came up on ‘Today’s posts’ or I scrolled down on my own posts.

Maybe I missed an announcement? But I just accepted that I was experiencing the same access-problems that others, including AlleycatttSmurf. described.

Only recently, CoraPR. posted the above Upgrade announcement, which I discovered by chance on ‘Today’s Posts’. I noticed it was posted from a thread ‘Smurf Games - Community resources and developer outreach - Forum news and announcements’. I posted a pic of this announcement on SV News, because I thought others might not see it (I said I personally had not been aware of that thread) and Cupcake moved it here to SV News.

This has prompted me to look at the thread starting ‘Smurf Games’ just below the banner headline and Forums/SV News/New topics/Today’s posts/Who’s online/Support.

And Lo and Behold - there it all is. All the sub-forums.

So I ask - why is that big black obvious ‘Forums’ button still there?

And, just to say, this upgrade has not restored our profile pictures, still greyed-out, and doesn’t seem at first glance to be offering anything new - just everything in a different place.

(ETA: Cupcake has written a new guide on how to use the forum, and this is included in it - thank you, Cupcake)
        Last edited by Chat noir; 06-21-2022, 03:26 AM.

Comment

• Cupcake
          Cupcake commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t think the upgrade is complete yet, Chat Noir.

Is the update of the forum implemented? I can't see any improvement. But our profile pictures are no longer displayed and the picture upload does not work. Those are two huge deteriorations. CoraPR when can we hope for a remedy?

Morning Sky
        Last edited by Morning Sky; 06-21-2022, 03:25 AM.

Comment

• Cupcake
          Cupcake commented
          Editing a comment
          As far as I know, Morning Sky, the upgrade is not implemented yet.

Chat noir Morning Sky thanks for your posts! The last update I received was that the team is in the process of migrating all the previous forum data to the new server. Once that has been completed with no issues, I believe the team will then make the switch to the new forum. I will send them a message today to see if there are any other updates they can give me and will keep you updated!

Comment

• Racoon
          Racoon commented
          Editing a comment
          Good to know

UPDATE: We will be transitioning to the new forum on June 30th, 2022, at around 7 PM BST (6 PM UTC). During this time, you will not be able to access the forum.

If all goes well, the transition will take around 2 hours. Once back, please let me know if you come across anything not working correctly, and I will forward it to the team to investigate!

Thanks, everyone! I'm excited for the flashy new forum

Comment

• Racoon
          Racoon commented
          Editing a comment
          Exciting! Can't wait to see the new and flashy forum!

UPDATE #2: The team started the forum transition process today but ran into a few speed bumps. In order to properly investigate the issue, the migration to the new forum will be rescheduled for next week. The old forum will remain accessible during this time.

Once I have new information on when the next attempt will take place, I will let you all know! Thanks everyone for your patience! Fingers crossed it will be smooth sailing from here on out!

Comment

• Morning Sky
          Morning Sky commented
          Editing a comment
          I also keep my fingers crossed, but fear the worst after previous experiences with the image upload and the profile pictures! PopReach apparently likes to shine with announcements, which then disappear again in the drawers. I just remember the announcement of a new engine for the app or the exclusive rewards in LTE or the promise to finally take care of the old bugs.

• CoraPR
          CoraPR commented
          Editing a comment
          Morning Sky, It's tricky; it's one of those things where you prepare as much as you can, but once you start the process, that's when you find issues you didn't anticipate. I'm hopeful there are no more unexpected snags when they attempt it the second time around!
          Last edited by CoraPR; 07-05-2022, 11:57 AM.

• Racoon
          Racoon commented
          Editing a comment
          CoraPR yeah! For example, when Marina announced the new engine, the community is hyped for it. But then, Technical limitations happens that hinder PopReach on doing it. But please Cora, Can you please send our suggestions to the Development team just l ike Spelling bee does?? The past Devs kepts on listening to the community. I sorely miss those days, so please be the medium for us

UPDATE: transition attempt #2 will be happening NEXT WEEK (hopefully Monday). Like as before, the forum will be inaccessible for around 2-3 hours. If all goes well, we'll have our new forum!

I will continue to keep everyone updated! Fingers crossed everyone!!

ANOTHER UPDATE: Thanks everyone for your patience! We've had to tentatively reschedule for next week, as the vBulletin support is unavailable for the next 2 days. I will continue to post any updates I have! The next update will be in a new post.
        Last edited by CoraPR; 07-06-2022, 12:41 PM. Reason: Date has been changed again! Thanks for your patience everyone!

Comment

• Racoon
          Racoon commented
          Editing a comment
          I set my highest hopes on the Smurfy Fountain! Hoping to migrate to that new forum!

• Schtroumpfette
          Schtroumpfette commented
          Editing a comment
          Fingers crossed!

• Skyblack
          Skyblack commented
          Editing a comment
          ✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌ many smurf magic powders so that the forum is already ✨✨✨✨✨

This could be a new edition of Michael Ende's never-ending story.

Comment

• skydiver118
          skydiver118 commented
          Editing a comment
          Morning Sky VBulletin is a great platform but can also be a tricky one.

UPDATE! Forum migration event will be happening today, Monday July 11th, 6 PM UTC! Like previously mentioned, the forum will be unavailable for a few hours.

Thanks for your patience everyone!! Let's hope this is the last time I have to give you this update! Haha

Comment

IS THIS THING ON?? Did we make it??

The new forum is here, folks! The URL has been updated to: https://forum.smurfsvillage.popreach.com/. However, the old one will redirect here, so you can continue to use the old one as well.

The team is continuing to work on kinks behind the scenes, but if you encounter any broken links, functionality issues, etc., please let me know!

Thanks everyone for your patience! It's been a tricky process, but a needed one to keep the forum running!

Comment

• Schtroumpfette
            Schtroumpfette commented
            Editing a comment
            Yay! We're back. Do we need to upload new avatar images?

• CoraPR
            CoraPR commented
            Editing a comment
            Schtroumpfette the team is investigating the missing avatar issue! They were all ported over with the migration so we're following up with vBulletin support to see if they can sort it out

• Schtroumpfette
            Schtroumpfette commented
            Editing a comment
            CoraPR thank you!

I miss the banner!

Comment

• CoraPR
            CoraPR commented
            Editing a comment
            Banner is coming soon!

Yay! We’re back! 😃
          i uploaded my avatar, seems to be okay.

I wish we could change our username though.

Comment

Working...
          X