Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smurfs' Village iOS version 1.40.0 is live and available for download!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All is working fine! Great work Bongfish!

Comment

• chickadee2013
      chickadee2013 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great to hear. Looks wonderful Morning. Thanks for the pic.

I had recovered 2 weeks ago to the 10/21 and had touched it once. After update, the village works fine without recovering again. However, none of the crops, trees, etc. on the island, grove, planet nor mountain has aged. And, leaving it on the MV causes all the other areas to not age. Do I need to re-recover? And, do I then lose the 60 SB gift?

Comment

• skydiver118
      skydiver118 commented
      Editing a comment
      You recovered back....so you effectively went back in time to 10/21. In our world, 2 weeks have passed, in the smurf's world, they basically lost 2 weeks and Oct 21 became Nov 3. So not having berries ready to harvest is normal. (no fun but normal). As to things not progressing outside of the village, that's a known bug with this update which will be fixed in a later update (see spelling bee's reply below). Don't do anything. Just let it be.

recovering will gain you nothing.

I wouldn't do anything at the moment. My space craters are not advancing. I have sculptor so it should take half an hour. I updated and restored over an hour ago and my craters are still at just under half an hour.

I'm going to give it some time and see how other things go.

Comment

• ChristalWest
      ChristalWest commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you check if your crops and trees are progressing? Neither my craters, digs, nor dives (along with no crops, wonders, XP, and shrubs) are progressing when i exit the game or after I leave the mountain, planet, grove, island.

• ChristalWest
      ChristalWest commented
      Editing a comment
      Bad news...it wasn't just us...good news, we aren't crazy...

Hi everyone. The Countdown Timers are apparently not working correctly in the new update. Timers only work correctly in the Main Village, but not in any of the other areas unless you stay in them.

DO NOT RECOVER IN ORDER TO TRY AND FIX THIS ISSUE.

The problem appears to be widespread. Because of this it will most likely have to be fixed via an update. I'll let everyone know once I hear back something from the Development Team.

Thank you,
    Spelling Bee

Comment

• chickadee2013
      chickadee2013 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's interesting Christalwest. I hope the developers read that.

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Spelling Bee. I think I'll pass this one then. So far, my village is doing okay. If I don't do anything I haven't done in the past few weeks, I hope it stays that way. I make iTunes back-ups every (other) day, so should my village get affected, I should be able to recover using that back-up. Let's hope they can bring out another update soon that fixes this timer issue

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      The timers are working correctly for me in the Main Village. Let some crops, shrubs, and flowers grow overnight and they are counting down correctly. For those of you with broken timers even in the Main Village, please add that here to the problem topic: http://forums.beeline-i.com/forum/ma...version-1-40-0

I uploaded the new update. It automatically gave me two games on the screen to pick from saying the one didn't match the one at Game Center. They were identical in level and smurfberrie and only off by a little smidget in coins, so I picked the lesser of the two. I figured I would play without buying anything with real money in case it reset itself, cause that way I could restore to an earlier date if I had to.

I also noticed the timers were not working except at the Main Village. I tested the seeds in the grove for the 5-minute one, went into other sites and came back and the timer had not moved....but
    once I was actually in the grove it started counting properly. I didn't get any seeds, but it did count down the 5 minutes correctly.

Comment

• skydiver118
      skydiver118 commented
      Editing a comment
      Read up, the timers are broken everywhere but the main village. So dont' do anything until a fix comes.

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Ginger. There is a problem topic dealing with the broken area timers located here: http://forums.beeline-i.com/forum/ma...version-1-40-0

• Ginger
      Ginger commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure, by now, you have figured out this link doesn't work anymore!..........

Is it safe to choose the online village option during the start-up after the update?

Comment

• Tapasz
      Tapasz commented
      Editing a comment
      You have two devices if I remember correctly? Use your second device and go through GC, if this doesn't act as it should be you can choose the device version on your main device and overwrite GC again.

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Ray. Both should be okay, just choose which ever you like. Whichever one you don't choose will be overwritten by the one you do. If there is something wrong, you can always try to restore from an earlier recovery point.

You also have the option of doing what Tapasz said and trying it out on one of your devices first.

• Ray888
      Ray888 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for replying ???? I'm now recovering using my online village save and everything seem to be fine except the known timer bugs. Great to be back and happy smurfling fellow smurfers and neighbours !!!

I kind of feel bad for the new devs. They really solved the bug hands on and seem to care a lot more than Capcom (who kept calling themselves Beeline for some reason), but in their efforts they caused a less serious new bug.
    These people are actually answering questions and are really trying. Something that can not be said for Capcom these past years, too bad this bug stands in the way of their perfect start.

Comment

So, what recovery date is recommended?

Comment

• Spelling Bee
        Spelling Bee commented
        Editing a comment
        You may not need to recover at all. After updating, check and see after opening your game. If you have lost progress, then you'll need to see if you can regain that lost progress through the Hidden Recovery Tool. If everything is fine, then you don't need to select a restore point.

• Evanna
        Evanna commented
        Editing a comment
        Whichever works for you. There is no general recommendation because the dates are different for everyone. Either choose the last date that works or choose one before the bug originally happened, if you want to be absolutely safe. But Spelling Bee said it should be fine to choose the most recent working one.

Where is the android update

Comment

• Spelling Bee
        Spelling Bee commented
        Editing a comment
        The Android update was initially to be released shortly after the iOS version. With some new timer issues in the iOS update, the update might be delayed in order to fix those too. As soon as I get confirmation one way or the other, I'll let everyone know.

• debbles smurf
        debbles smurf commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you.

Dear team, should we or should we NOT play. I restarted the game dating October 20, most things in the village looked ok, and I did get 60 berries.
      For the time being, I think I am going to stop playing, again.... please keep us posted on any updates, news is always appreciated!

Comment

• Themmy
        Themmy commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Rachelpa, I would like to know how you restarted your game. Do you go options -> Restart game -> yes -> it'll show all saved village, is it right? Or it shows new tab for recovering. Actually, my level is 78 but now my level is 73 (i've updated new version this morning and i use IOS). thx

• Spelling Bee
        Spelling Bee commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Rachelpa. You can continue to play if you like, but just know there is currently the issue with the countdown timers not working in many of the areas. This should hopefully be fixed soon.

Hi smurfy friends! I updated my game and everything is ok! Except this new minor time bug! I also get 60 smb! My game opened just in the same level I left when I stoped playing!
      Purple I am really sorry that you have again problem with your game! I hope this will end soon and you 'll meet again your blue buddies!

Comment

• Caro
        Caro commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh wonderful!! It's still there?! I haven't been able to get in to see it for so long. Yes, level 89 should be the correct level, I am glad GC still has that village ????. I hit the new problems so soon after fixing the level 88 bug, I wasn't sure what village I would find after all this!! I am only just finished work now, so I'm going to update & see what happens. Fingers crossed!!

• Rjunior
        Rjunior commented
        Editing a comment
        ???????????????????????????? Fingers crossed!

• Gio!!
        Gio!! commented
        Editing a comment
        Keep us posted pls ...

Hello Themmy, I started the game, and I clicked Options. In the next screen tapped Papasmurf's head sixteen times, and clicked on to Recovery. I picked a date before the game started crashing, so I more or less at random re-started 20 October. The village works okay, but in all the other places the clock doesnot work. Personally I think I will stop playinguntil the new fix is installed.

Comment

• Themmy
        Themmy commented
        Editing a comment
        thank you so much Rachelpa. i recovered already. I think same with you, stop playing for awhile until new update or wait feedback from the others.

I no longer have GC on my main device, due to ios 10. Should I just update or use my older device wich is very slow, crashes doesn't let me visit other areas but has GC?

Comment

• Spelling Bee
        Spelling Bee commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Gio. This update is supposed to fix the problems with crashing and resetting to level 1. The only new bug seems to be one that is causing the Countdown timers to not work correctly in most of the areas. The new developers are looking into, hopefully a bug fix update will be issued and we won't have to wait for another regular update.

So, what I'm trying to say is it's up to you. Every player's situation is going to be a bit different.

• Gio!!
        Gio!! commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Spelling Bee

I understand that receiving 60 smurfberries is indeed a joyous occasion but i still feel short changed..

I think I was 1 of the first to bring up the issue that since Oct 16 I could not play at all. as someone's whose gotten all wonders built except for the pumpkin, I should have been receiving 50 berries every monday. 3 weeks has passed. that's 50x3= 150 berries just from wonders alone that I should have gotten. Thats not counting the berries I would have gotten from my diving digs or from watching the videos.

i understand that there's a fix now for the restarting to level 1 issue. But has the problem with the google game centre (a problem I also brought up in July) fixed yet? What about the problem that I have when I try the recovery button to load a preview village that's fine, but when the game reloads, it reloads level 1 and not the previewed village.

Comment

• Evanna
        Evanna commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the 60 SB are a sort of "Hi, we're the new people running your game" gift and not not reimbursement. If so, they would have to check each village individually to see how many SB they missed. You know that in your case it's 150 SB, but there are people with less wonders, or people who only got the bug a few days ago and maybe haven't missed any SB (beyond what they might have won in games or received via diving/digging).

• Spelling Bee
        Spelling Bee commented
        Editing a comment
        The 60 Smurfberries were a Welcome Gift from the new Publisher and Developer. It's understandable that you lost quite a bit of time that could have been spent collecting berries from wonders, but to be truly compensated for those losses would have to be done on a case by case basis. Understandably, that's incredibly time consuming and I think we can all agree their time and resources are better spent elsewhere fixing existing bugs and helping stabilize the game and all of it's features.

I have no word on whether or not the Google Cloud Backup has been fixed for the Android version. I know it's a priority with the new team. The second issue you are talking about was fixed in this version update. It was happening on both iOS and Android.

I ran an experiment last night and left my village on the planet. While there, time progressed for planet shrubs and crops BUT then time stopped for the MV (as well as everywhere else). My cauliflower planted 8 hours ago in MV still has 5 hours 38 minutes left while my MV shrub acorns planted 8 hours ago still have 9 hours 39 minutes. I spent about 4 hours on the planet. Maybe I will only play MV until fix.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
        Spelling Bee commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Christal. Please post this information over in the problem topic too: http://forums.beeline-i.com/forum/ma...version-1-40-0

• ChristalWest
        ChristalWest commented
        Editing a comment
        Spelling Bee...I tried. It says that I am not authorized for that area..."Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page.
        Please try logging in or logging in as different user Login or send a message to the admin"...update: this error is only when I use the hyperlink...I went to the problem area and posted this message.
        Last edited by ChristalWest; 11-04-2016, 04:26 PM.
    Working...
    X