Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official share pictures of your real life Pet topic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

• Murf Smurf
      Murf Smurf commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries Stewie, Lady loves you, she was just excited to be out of the cage and was exploring!

• happybird
      happybird commented
      Editing a comment
      This is so cute!

Comment

• Murf Smurf
      Murf Smurf commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, the two boys have been fixed so no more than these three bunnies will we have to take care of. And yes for any rabbit lovers out there I know Lady must also be fixed since she has never had a litter and has an 80% chance of getting ovarian cancer. I have 7 years to do it though before it's a major concern so not a huge time crunch and it is a priority when I find a job. I don't have children so my animals are my kids and their health and safety is my number one goal

• happybird
      happybird commented
      Editing a comment
      I adore Louie's left ear! Is it always a tiny bit crooked, or is he expressing himself with his ears in the pics?

• Murf Smurf
      Murf Smurf commented
      Editing a comment
      That's him expressing himself. You can tell a lot about rabbits with how they move their ears.

Comment

• Murf Smurf
      Murf Smurf commented
      Editing a comment
      This is Lady and Louie together. She loves both of the twins and tries to ensure each one loves her back. Haha, she is a sweetie though, as long as she's fed, otherwise don't get between her and her food.

• happybird
      happybird commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol! It must be that color rabbit! I had a bunny who looked similar to Lady when I was a kid and she was such a little food hog. Her name was Munchy (because of the way her mouth was always moving, like she was chewing-I was 6 and also had a turtle named Turdy, lol!) Lady is very pretty, and I love how she is making friends with the boys. She looks very sweet.

This is the three of them plotting And now they are off trying to find electrical cords to destroy

Comment

• Murf Smurf
      Murf Smurf commented
      Editing a comment
      All the towels and red piggy bank crayon (my retirement ; ) ) and ottoman and other things around the floor are my attempt to prevent them from chewing cords, their favorite hobby, and to just discourage them from reaking havoc around the house. But even so I'm not a great housekeeper. The boys are potty trained and Lady needs a little bit more work, but she's been a great member of our family and now the three of them together is hilarious

• Smurfy-smurfy
      Smurfy-smurfy commented
      Editing a comment
      Murf, your rabbits are so adorable! I didn't know we can train rabbits

Now I'll attempt to get pictures of the dogs. This will take me a while, if not days. Videos are easy to get, but still shots of them is impossible. We have a two year old female Rottweiler, Gabby (my husband's choice of dog and name) and an 11 year old female Carolina Dog (American Dingo) which is my dog since I had her before we met, and she barks at him every time he walks in the door which is so funny. Amber, my dog, is a recently discovered wild dog in South East USA. About 60 years ago the breed was discovered but not proven until genealogy was conducted and even to this day one of the world wide kennel clubs does not recognize her breed and considers them mutts. Oh well, no shows for her, which I'm sure she is thankful for. It's interesting to google the information if you are into dogs.

Comment

• happybird
      happybird commented
      Editing a comment
      I googled the Carolina Dog and enjoyed reading about them. I think my parents' neighbor may have had one years ago, though they thought he was a lab mix of some sort. HotShot looked just like the pics and had the personality traits described, as well. He was not very Lab-like, imo, which also makes me think he could have been a Carolina dog. HotShot was a great dog, smart and loyal, but he liked to run deer down.

• Murf Smurf
      Murf Smurf commented
      Editing a comment
      I am still trying to get pictures of both dogs but Amber, the Carolina dog, aka the Dingo, is what I really want to show off. i just want good pictures of her since she is such a new breed.

My only suggestion is that any pet can be trained. No breed or pedigree is necessary. All animals deserve to be in a loving caring home and whatever animal you choose to take care of is very lucky. We can make such a dramatic difference in a life, it may only be a pet's life but I guarantee that animal will love you forever.

This is a dog that would do anything for me, but would never harm anyone including human children , no matter what happened. She's actually very good around children and holds still when they pet her. A lot of mutts, labs and retrievers are actual Carolins Dogs, which are still wild, but can be trained to be the perfect dog. They are so smart and loyal and love their owner 100%, like it was nothing to them. She is beautiful and a smart dog and told me when I met the man that would be my husband that she liked him. She was abused before I got her and many males scared her but she instantly liked my husband when they met. She still barks at him daily because she is protecting me, but she loves him. If you want a smart and loyal dog, theres nothing wrong with going to the shelters and also looking online and in pet stores with full pedigree dogs. Whichever animal should be in your life will find you, it may just take time.
      Last edited by Murf Smurf; 07-26-2015, 04:07 PM. Reason: Someone unapproved my message. I hope I didn't offend anyone but I revised it and fixed spelling. Maybe now it will be ok

• Murf Smurf
      Murf Smurf commented
      Editing a comment
      My last message was unapproved, haha. Who could ever not approve of a dog that sleeps like a cat.

Thanks for all the great pics and stories, Murf! I love hearing about people's sweet pets!

Comment

Comment

• Purple!
        Purple! commented
        Editing a comment
        These dogs are awesome! They look so cuddly! Dogs are the best!

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        They look wonderful, Murf, and Amber Grace is super lucky that you found each other!

• SushiSmurf
        SushiSmurf commented
        Editing a comment
        Lounging in bed or sprawled out on the rug. Now this is the life!! ;-)

The Rottweiler is my husband's dog and her name is Gabby (Gabrielle). She is so clumsy and walks into everything, including walls, but there's not a mean bone in her body. She wants to be one of the rabbits and tries to get into their cage, it's so funny. I'm trying to get a picture of here tail, it curls around two times! So many Rottweilers have their tails cut off (which I know in Germany 150+ years ago was to save their lives from the wild boars) but I wanted her tail to stay with her because it's part of how they express themselves. Well my husband has had Rottweilers before and wanted to cut it off, so I got a vet and met her before I brought Gabby in for her check up and made sure that the vet wouldn't take here tail! Haha, devious I know but I was really against a tailectomy (?). So many funny stories about her but that plus more pictures will be posted later, must go get food for hubby, he's very cranky now and needs to raise his blood sugar.

Comment

• Evabevasmurf
        Evabevasmurf commented
        Editing a comment
        I love that you didn't have her tail docked. It makes her unique!

Comment

• Evabevasmurf
        Evabevasmurf commented
        Editing a comment
        A www, she was an adorable puppy.

• Purple!
        Purple! commented
        Editing a comment
        Murf, I'm so jealous, your dogs seem so awesome!

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        How did I miss this? The one with her head through the basket is tooooo adorable! [As is she!]

Look what my roommate found by the side of the highway today:

Just what we need while trying to move! The poor baby is about 7 weeks old, malnourished, dehydrated, covered in fleas, and probably has a respiratory infection. Sigh. I've been contacting rescue groups all day, trying to find a foster or good, no-kill shelter to take her/him. I don't know if it is a boy or girl because I am keeping contact to a minimum so I do not get attached. This is exactly how we got Pooper, 4 years ago. If we were not moving, we'd keep her, but we just can't. Anyone want a kitten?

Comment

• happybird
        happybird commented
        Editing a comment
        Little kitten is doing much better today. We got rid of all the fleas last night and got him hydrated. He had fleas so badly, his gums are white from flea anemia. Even his little tongue was white yesterday, but it is starting to pink up today, so that is good progress. It was one of the worst flea infestations I've ever seen, the poor guy. I spoke to one of my online cat friends (who is the guru of orphaned kittens) and he should be back in top form after a few weeks of a specialized diet. He has a lot more energy today, is very alert (when not napping), using his tiny litterbox, and eating like a champion. He's going to be okay, thank goodness. It was a little close yesterday afternoon.

In other kitty news, Leo the Dude has moved inside to prepare for the big move this week. He is now a Kitty of Leisure and very, very happy about it. Annabelle is still on the porch, but we know she can behave indoors. Leo doesn't seem too impressed by the litterbox, so we have a little work to do the next couple of days.

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Such good news, Happybird! Thanks so much for updating us! [re: Dude Leo- I'm sure you know this, but putting a few 'chocolate' nuggets in the litter box might give him the idea....]

• Smurfy-smurfy
        Smurfy-smurfy commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad the kitten got better Can't believe some people damp animals... Life is life, the same as human!
        Any update about him?

Time to update my cute family :-)

It has passed three months since Mr. Stubborn came to my house. Sonny has grown so much!

He doesn’t bite, he doesn’t scream even he stays at home alone, and he eats veggies … super good boy :-) But one thing I want to complain … he uses my SB! Whenever I open my iPad, he runs to and jumps on it. iPad’s screen accepts his leg and tongue like our fingers, and that ends up with his using my precious SBs I get mad at him, but he is like “Huh? Why are you mad :3??” Anyway, we are all happy and having fun with him every day! I always appreciate he came here.

One more thing I want to talk is a miracle story happened to me and Zebra finches.
      They came to here one month before Sonny came. Sometimes they fight but have been very very good friends.

One day, an accident happened (my bad), and the left guy (Sap) flew away. My boyfriend, neighbors, and I tried to have him get back to his house. Sap and the right guy (Tammi) called each other by tweeting, so we knew Sap was around us, but we couldn’t do anything. I no longer heard Sap’s tweets after 7pm, and unfortunately, it was rainy and windy night, the worst condition for a caged bird to spend time in wild.
      I have keeping birds for more than 20 years, but this kind of accident never happened to me, so I regretted myself so much and cried for a whole day. I had to give up him because non-tamed birds neither come home if they fly away nor know how to survive in wild.

Next morning. I apologized to Tammi it was totally my bad he lost his precious friend. He looked like really sad. I left him to do house works and heard he tweeted alone. Around noon, I went to the house (cage) to see if Tammi was okay. ……I noticed one bird was on it, and he seemed familiar... It was Sap!! Sap came back!! I became a ninja (be quiet not to make Sap get surprised and fly away again) and asked my bf to help me save Sap. Finally we could have him in his house, His head and feather were all messy but his eyes were all shiny as if he said “Sowwy~~, but I just wanted to know how outside of my house was ” He kept eating and sleeping for a whole day. I have never heard non-tamed birds come back, so I believe the friendship between Tammi and Sap makes this accident miracle. They are hanging out and having fun today too :-)

I'm sorry my post got long :-( Thanks for reading!

Comment

• Evabevasmurf
        Evabevasmurf commented
        Editing a comment
        I am really surprised to hear that Sap came back and that you were able to get him back into the cage. Surprised, and very glad. Most poor caged birds that escape are not so lucky. I have seen parakeets more than once in my yard, and knew they escaped from somewhere close by, but could never catch them. I don't have close neighbors, so I could never find out where they came from. Your birds are lucky to have you.

• smurfy bear
        smurfy bear commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm so glad to hear that you got Sap back. Nothing is more frustrating/depressing than losing a beloved pet. I guess after seeing the "cruelty and savagery" of the outside world, Sap came to his senses that nothing can compare to home

• Smurfy-smurfy
        Smurfy-smurfy commented
        Editing a comment
        I simply appreciate you guys read my super long post and made comments here! I’m really happy the accident ended with a happy ending And Sap said to you guys, “thanks for you all being happy for me (・8・).”

Cupcake,
        How kind you and your friend are! These birds knew you two are nice people so they flew to you. If the birds are tamed, the former owner must have put great love to them, and if I were the former owner, I would pray if my bird was doing great with a new, kind, happy owner since I can’t do anything. See, my eyes starts covering with tears because I’m imagining a situation my birds fly away from me and are gone for good…Okay, I have to stop imagining a negative stuff Thank you Cupcake, they need you to live.

Sushi,
        I wanted to show his photo to you, so I’m happy I finally could :-) Sonny is doing great but he grew a cauliflower immediately by using SB yesterday! Oh my goodness! After I screamed “Hey Sonny stop!” his eyes got all shiny and seemed so happy. He WILL do the same thing again…

Eva,
        Yeah, same here. I have seen parakeets several times before, but I couldn’t do anything… I just wish they did well.
        I’m feeling bad to my birds that I deprive them of their nature: flying, by putting them in the small cages, so I always am trying to make them the happiest birds in the world instead of not being able to fly and live in the wild. Hope they are happy being with me and never think to commit “cagebreak”.

Smurfy bear,
        I heard Tammi and Sap conversation,
        Tammi “Hey dude, I’m always thinking how outside is amazing…”
        Sap “Hey bro, stop thinking like that... It was just horrible! Dark, windy… and always water or something was coming from the sky! What’s that! I got all wet and all cold…”
        Tammi “But…”
        Sap “You can’t eat tho! There is no food!” (Tammi’s name came from “tummy” because he love eating and a bit chubby )
        Tammi “Oh that not good at all”
        Sap “I thought outside had everything, but I realized here is the best. Just cool!”

Here are some pics of Leo and Annabelle at the new house. They are both adjusting to being indoor cats very nicely, thank goodness. Leo, especially. He is so happy here. Annabelle is having some issues with Pooper, my youngest cat, but they seem to be working it out. It is a sad thing to find out your baby is a bully. Annabelle is finally starting to realize to not react to Pooper's bullying behavior and their interactions are becoming more play-like, with less hissing. As you can tell by the pics, she really does not like the camera, lol!

Comment

• Smurfy-smurfy
        Smurfy-smurfy commented
        Editing a comment
        Your new place looks very cool! Hope the cats get used to being there soon
        Hahaha she looks mad ???? "Don't take a pic!"

• happybird
        happybird commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! We love the new house. It is really an apartment, but the building is a house from the 1800's. We even have an official plaque on the outside declaring it a historical property. We have the downstairs, a huge cellar and the backyard. The ceilings are 10 ft. high and the original hardwoods go throughout. Plus, we have neat features like built-in cabinets and wainscoting. And the size of the place is perfect for us. Our upstairs neighbor is a veteran in his 60's and very nice. The only time we really hear him is when he is going out his front door. For being in town, it is very peaceful here. And no psycho, drunken roommates! What could be better?

• Purple!
        Purple! commented
        Editing a comment
        Your cats are adorable !

This is a really nice thread. Such lovely pet's and funny stories! I've seen it a couple of times but always run out of time to comment. We weren't going to get another pet after our bunny died but got talked into a new bunny a couple of weeks ago. His owners were going to put him down because they no longer had the time to care for him . He is very different to our last one. He's half blind. One eye is a bit cloudy, like a cataract. I don't even know how old he is. Maybe a year old. He had two previous foster parents but now he has a permanent home and seems happy. At first I was worried because he was much slower than our last bunny. She was lightening fast (especially when she didn't want to go back to her cage indoors) and she jumped very high for such a small rabbit. She was a dwarf/mini-lop cross. When this one runs around outside he is much slower but I think I've figured out why. He ran into the clothes line post. It didn't seem to bother him though, he paused but kept hopping. So I guess he's cautious. He's very placid and affectionate. I know, I'm saying "he" and you might be wondering if he has a name. Well his first owner called him Rupert (but Rupert was a bear, right?) and his last owner called him Mr Fuzzy but we don't think that suits him either (I mean, he's not fuzzy at all!) so he's Mr Bunny for the moment.

Comment

• Caro
        Caro commented
        Editing a comment
        .....and regarding names. How about "Stevie", or "Ray"? ????????

• Smurfy-smurfy
        Smurfy-smurfy commented
        Editing a comment
        Cato, yeah I also hit an idea when posting my comment yesterday... Mr. Stevie ????

• happybird
        happybird commented
        Editing a comment
        How is Mr. Bunny doing? Love to see some pictures!

this is Joey the Nose he goes by Joe and he doesn't answer questions

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Too adorable!

• happybird
        happybird commented
        Editing a comment
        I literally lol'd at this! Joe is way too cute for his own good!

• Adam821
        Adam821 commented
        Editing a comment
        if you guys knew him you'd understand why his name sound like a mafioso lol that hat was a present....did i get to wear it? NOPE he took it and started whipping it side to side as if he is big and bad lol basically i'm not torturing him by dressing him human he is like dr.evil i tell you
        Last edited by Adam821; 09-18-2015, 02:41 PM.

Trix cereal has a contest to put real rabbits on their boxes. Go online and search "Trix real rabbit contest". I know we have some rabbits among our pets - maybe one of the SV pet rabbits could be the new Trix real rabbit!

Comment

Working...
      X