Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official share pictures of your real life Pet topic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nothing? ok, then...

Comment

• smurfy bear
      smurfy bear commented
      Editing a comment
      So cute

• Ruxandra
      Ruxandra commented
      Editing a comment
      Very cute indeed!

• Pachemz
      Pachemz commented
      Editing a comment
      I love orange kitties. They're so beautiful. I had an orange cat with a white belly a while ago.

I really, really love this thread! So many wonderful animals, and obviously loved and cared for, which is as it should be. Thank you all.

Comment

So, I put a harness on Pooper last night for the first time in preparation for taking her outside. She is still sulking and acting all pathetic, but in a few days hopefully she will be used to it and ready for adventure. I've never walked a cat on a leash, so this should be interesting. Pooper is extremely melodramatic, so I am hoping for some good photos. To be continued....

Comment

• Ruxandra
        Ruxandra commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't wait to see them!

Guess what? My idiot roommate brought home 6 more baby chickens this weekend. Yay. ???? They are really cute, though. It is hard to get a good pic because they won't hold still long enough. With his usual great and thorough planning, we have no idea what type of chickens they are and they have no coop. Ahem. We will see what happens. I get the feeling once the novelty wears off, I will have 6 more chickens to take care of.
      Last edited by happybird; 05-12-2015, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Caro
        Caro commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol. So cute.

(...easy for me to laugh because I know exactly how you feel. My smurfling's 'free' rabbits from the local kindergarten quickly became mine to care for. And recently cost me A LOT of money at the vet). ::sigh::

But they are darn cute

• Evabevasmurf
        Evabevasmurf commented
        Editing a comment
        They are cute. Hope they aren't all roosters. They may turn out to be champion egg layers.

• Smurfy-smurfy
        Smurfy-smurfy commented
        Editing a comment
        Can you please introduce your roommates to me so that I can have adorable chickens haha

Look at this egg Eleanor laid! It is a monster! The darker brown egg is a jumbo sized one for comparison:

In other news, we have acquired yet another stray kitty on the back porch. He must be a buddy of Annabelle's because they seem to get along pretty well. He's a medium length orange tabby who we are calling Orange Kitty until he tells us his name. Orange Kitty is very, very sweet and his fur is full of mats. I've been carefully trimming them out, a little bit every day while he is distracted by his food dish, so he is mostly bald on one side and around his tail. He seems a lot happier, though. Hopefully, the other cats are not making fun of him. ???? He is very patient with me as I clean his injuries (nothing major, just scratches in and on his ears and face, and lots of ticks), so he must be used to human contact. Must be another dumped cat.???? He's ours now and that puts me back up to my limit of 5 cats (unless another stray needs help).

Comment

• Smurfy-smurfy
        Smurfy-smurfy commented
        Editing a comment
        I wonder how large the yolk is Or if the egg hatches, a biiiig chicken will be out ?
        Your new kitty knew there was huge love around you so he came to your porch!

• SushiSmurf
        SushiSmurf commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the egg comparison photos. This is Farm 101 for me. Cool stuff! Thanks for the new kitty update. You really have the biggest heart, happybird!! Maybe you can post a photo of Orange Kitty when his fur grows back and all the mats are gone? When he's regained all his confidence, I'm sure he'll be ready for his close-up.

• smurfy bear
        smurfy bear commented
        Editing a comment
        It's been a while since I last saw double yolk eggs. A friend of ours used to supply us with double yolk eggs a few years back and they were really huge!

Oh I thought I was not going to have a new buddy for a while, but I accidentally met him...
      His name is Sonny since he has orange "sunny" on his stomachache. He loves eating sunflower's seeds, playing on the play ground, and sleeping on our shoulder covered with our hair. He LOVES humans! I've heard Green Cheek Conure is kind of noisy birds, but so far he is very quiet and sweet He already bit me several times, though (but I forgave him because he is too cute!). He is a baby but lives an average of 25 years, so he absolutely will be our precious family!
      Last edited by Smurfy-smurfy; 05-25-2015, 01:56 AM.

Comment

• smurfy bear
        smurfy bear commented
        Editing a comment
        Sonny is so lovely! It's great to have pets with very long lives as we can't bear to part with them. Had 3 cute hamsters once but after living a nice fulfilling 3-4 years (normal life span is 2-3 years), it's just too traumatic for us to get another one.

• Purple!
        Purple! commented
        Editing a comment
        This bird is fabulous! I love the picture with his eyes closed! He is just adorable!

• Smurfy-smurfy
        Smurfy-smurfy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for posting comments, guys

Smurfy bear, 25 years is very long, and I feel big responsibilities having him. But I will be able to have great joy with him for such a long period I believe you took care of your hamsters very very well with huge unconditional love. They lived 4 years (I've heard hamsters live an average of 2 years)! I'm a very crazy bird freak and can't think my life without birds, but it took me four years to get Sonny after losing my former buddy named Rum (he never drank rum alcohol! haha) . I never forget him and will love Sonny as the same as I did to Rum

Purple, his sleeping face is just adorable...beyond description! He is sleeping in my hand now, so I have to type this comment by one hand

What a handsome little fellow! I've never seen a baby pet bird before (like a parrot macaw, conure, etc), he is so cute! Glad to hear you have a new little buddy in the family.
      Edit: oops! This was supposed to be a reply to Smurfy's post above????
      Last edited by happybird; 05-25-2015, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Smurfy-smurfy
        Smurfy-smurfy commented
        Editing a comment
        Happybird, thanks
        As I told you before, I wasn't going to have any bird for a while, but... I was completely knocked out! Sonny is so much cute! I can't describe how cute he is! Since he is still a baby, he looks like a little dragon

Yesterday get a free smurfberry from lucky smurf at main land n 2nd 1pc of smurfberry from island but not from lucky smurf at island .

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, Valerie. Glad to know you got a Smurfberry, but your comment is posted on the wrong topic. Please make sure you are on the right topic before posting, OK? This topic is about real life pets.

I'm first time to get 1pc free of smurfberry from lucky smurf at main land .

Comment

Here's Orange Kitty (whose name might be Edgar):

He has some fish on his nose, but he also has some cute black spots, too. He groomed out his last mat by himself and is doing a great job overall of grooming himself now. You can see where his fur is growing back on his side in the pic of his whole body. And Annabelle is on the bottom row, looking very displeased that he is getting more attention than her. Annabelle has a serious Princess Complex, we have discovered. And the last pic is out my kitchen window. I was doing some dishes and saw a cow with birds on his head. The birds were walking up and down his snout for at least 5 minutes while I watched, and the cow seemed rather pleased.

Comment

• Cupcake
          Cupcake commented
          Editing a comment
          Another kitty wins the kitty-lottery-of-life thanks to you, Happybird! Love it!

• Smurfy-smurfy
          Smurfy-smurfy commented
          Editing a comment
          Cute new kitty !! I've never had cats...is it true they love eating fish? or only Edgar?
          Ditto as Purple. Your life is just amazing and beautiful with lots of love and joy

• Ruxandra
          Ruxandra commented
          Editing a comment
          Edgar is so cute, glad he is getting his hair back, he will be very happy with all of your big family there. Nice life with so many lovely souls around you.

Here's the new babies:

They are really growing fast! I didn't realize how big they had gotten until I looked at the photos.

Comment

And here is a collage of what I have been doing the past week or two. I love my collage maker, in case you can't tell! ????

The top left is the first thing we have harvested, some strawberries that were already planted here. I have been weeding the heck out of the bed they are in all spring and had to put up a barrier so they didn't take over the whole area. On the other side of the barrier are my watermelon, cantaloupes and green beans. Those don't look like much right now, just seedlings. Next is my Duck, looking good and fluffy, and the far right corner is the grape arbor. It was a mess, and I pruned it back by about 80%. We meant to fx the crossbar but forgot about it. Oops! I looked out there last week and it was super leafy. It should hold through the summer (I hope) and we will replace the top in the fall. I have no idea what type of grapes are there, so it will be a surprise. The rest are random pics of some of my flowers and chickens, then in the bottom right is the stone retaining wall I built. Unfortunately, I had to put up some fencing to keep the chickens out. That will come down when the new chicken run is finished next week. There are giant sunflowers planted in there that will get 8-10 feet tall with heads 1ft. across (!), several types of flowers, and two extra tomato plants. The rest of my tomatoes are in pots. We have 5 different types of heirloom tomatoes, including some purple ones, which should be cool looking. I got all the stone from the nearby woods and just about killed myself last weekend filling it with soil I dug. It took about 9 wheelbarrow loads, and of course, I ended up picking the hottest, most humid day of the year to do it. I never want to dig anything ever again.

Comment

• Purple!
            Purple! commented
            Editing a comment
            Happybird is your collage maker an app?

• SushiSmurf
            SushiSmurf commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm a big fan of Happybird's collage photos. Beautiful springtime colors, flowers, berries, and healthy chickens. My, even the little chicks have grown!

• happybird
            happybird commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry, I didn't see your question until now, Purple. The app is called PhotoGrid and it is free and awesome. There is a pay version, too, I think, but the free one has everything you could need, and it is very easy to use. I've tried dozens of photo apps and like this one the best, by far.

Comment

• Murf Smurf
            Murf Smurf commented
            Editing a comment
            This is Lady (but I call her Baby Girl). She is 6 months old and was free because she was too small to be "dressed" (American term for ate). The previous owners were great though, they interviewed me to make sure I'd be a good owner and was scared when I said I had dogs because they didn't want her to be a 'training toy'. I'm glad they were so responsible but it's kind of laughable now because we should have named her spoiled princess. If I was a rabbit I'd want her life

• happybird
            happybird commented
            Editing a comment
            After looking at all your pics and reading, it sounds like Lady is a great addition to your family!

• chickadee2013
            chickadee2013 commented
            Editing a comment
            Aww. I'm glad you have her and she didn't get dressed ????. The previous owners were very responsible.

Comment

This is Stewie. He was sitting in the corner pouting because Lady was giving his brother attention and not him. He is sweet and shy and scared except when around Lady. I think he has a crush on her

Comment

• happybird
              happybird commented
              Editing a comment
              He looks like he's really pouting!???? He's breaking my heart with that little sad face, lol!
          Working...
          X